This is my first time writing.  I have only been subscribed to the group
for 3 days, but have already learned some things.  I am sole caregiver
(our closest family is 700 miles away) to my 87 year old grandmother with
Parkinson's complicated by multi-infarct dementia.  Recently, she was
placed in a nursing home for rehab after a fall.  Since she has been in
the nursing home she has been having a lot of trouble with being
disoriented, confused and some hallucinations.  Also, she complains she
hates to see night come because she has horrible nightmares and cries and
calls out.  I noticed it was mentioned that you need to eat something
with the slow-release sinemet.  Since she has been in the nursing home
they have changed the times at which she takes her meds.  She was taking
them at 8:00 am and 5:00 pm with breakfast and dinner, but now she takes
them at 8:00 am and 8:00 pm (8:00 pm without food).  Could this be part
of the problem?  The other thing I wanted to ask about is that I had
noticed many of you mentioning your neurologists. At this time my
grandmother is under the care of a family practioner and I am wondering
if perhaps a neurologist would be better able to help her? This would not
have occurred to me without this group.  Your opinions would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you so much.  Lori Bauer