I began to experience some left shoulder pain which started a few
years after I began showing PD syptoms.  I had bought my first PC at
that time and was using the mouse a lot.  My shoulder pain was
diagnosed by both a chiropractor and a physiatrist as tendinitis,
which it may very well have been, at least in part.  I figured it was
a repetitive stress injury from over-mousing.  It didn't respond very
well to treatment, which, I suppose, can happen with tendinitis.

Then I began noticing two other things about it.  One was that I
often felt tension in the shoulder and a tendency to move it up and
forward (dystonia?).  The other was that my left shoulder seems to be
leaner and more muscular than my right.  This is quite visible as I
look in the mirror and extend my arms straight out to the sides.

Currently I experience shoulder tension whenever my PD meds are not
working at full steam.  Pain can result if I perform certain
repetitive motions, in particular, if I try playing the bass part of
a ragtime piano piece, which requires continuously having to move my
forearm back and forth and up and down.

Why did I get the shoulder problem on the left side and not the
right? It seems more than a coincidence that my PD first showed
itself on my left side.

Dystonia must have some of the same results as do repetitive stress
injuries.  In both cases there is a constant tightening of muscles
resulting in reduced blood supply, which, I understand, leads to
pain.

Phil Tompkins

PD -- it's a burden to shoulder.

P.S.  My S.O. thinks bad puns are a symptom of my condition.