At 02:48 AM 6/20/97 -0400, Bob Simpson wrote:
>So that fear is gone for the time being.  I guess the fear of someone
finding out, or
>some incident happen which will force me to inform management will cause
>anxiety and stress forever.

Bob, I was faced with the same decision.  After a while I decided it wasn't
worth being on edge wondering whether the company would find out.  This
caused a lot of stress in and of itself. Since the company paid for my
meds. through a pharmacy card, I figured that it would be obvious to
someone that I had a problem.  Plus when I sat down and listed the people
who knew ( the neurologist, the primary care physician, the pharmacist, the
hospital personnel where the testing was done, plus all of the nurses and
staff in each of the functions listed), it was clear that it was only a
matter of time before my employer found out.  So I decided to control the
timing and tell the company of my problem when I felt my position was
strongest.  Of course, it will depend on the enlightenment and compassion
of the company and the person to whom you report .
                                                        Peace, John