>From Stephan Schwartz:

Okay #Memory Losers#! . . . and you know who you are . . .
Based upon the large volume of postings detailing the extent
of the problems PWP are having with cognitive recollection, I
believe it is time we established a subgroup of this list:

        W.I.T.H.D.I.P.I. - Where In The Hell Did I Put It?!

Our subgroup is dedicated to the proposition that a person
can improve and increase his/her brain power and stimulate
memory at any age, under any circumstances.

To this end, the first homework assignment is to turn to the
comic section of your local newspaper and try to complete
the crossword puzzle.  When you have had enough, proceed
to try and solve the daily word games: #Find the Word,#
#Unscramble,# Decode the famous quotation, and Create as
many words (of 4 letters or more) from the master word in a
limited period of time.  Besides improving your mental agility,
this will force you to sit quietly for awhile and relax.

Between now and next week, post to this subgroup your
anecdotes concerning examples of problems you have
encountered with recollection and concentration and how you
have dealt with these situations.

If there is enough interest, next week I#ll tell everyone about a
book that will teach you how to exercise your brain . . . no,
no, no, . . . it doesn#t mean lifting weights with your ears, or
arching your eyebrows one hundred times a day or even
vigorously massaging your scalp with the upholstery
attachment to the vacuum cleaner.

You will learn, 1. to focus your mind, 2. the value of doodling,
3. how to mentally rearrange furniture and other more
sophisticated mental calisthenics.  Our ultimate goal is to
get our neurons to manufacture more neurotransmitters,
producing larger quantities of the enzymes that process
information.  Researchers believe that neurons, not unlike
muscle cells, can become capable of handling more
information with #exercise.#

It couldn#t hurt . . . give it a try.

Stephan 52/6