My ans. are filled in below  (>)

From:   Parkinsn List Study Group; McMaster University School of Nursing
        Hamilton, Ontario, Canada; Sheryl Boblin- Cummings Ph.D., RN,
        Dauna Crooks D.N.S., RN, Barbara Patterson,
        Leslie Van Dover Ph.D., RN.; Mary Fawcett, MHSc, RN.

Subject:        *Parkinsn List Study Group*

We have been looking at messages from the Parkinsn List archives to
develop an understanding of how people use the list and its value to
them. From this, we have some ideas about "what is going on on the
List?".  We would now like to hear directly from list members about your
experience with the Parkinsn list.

We will be posting some questions to the List over the next few weeks;
your answers will help us to better understand your experience and to
interpret it to others.  You can choose to respond to these questions or
not.  If you share your expertise and experience with us, we will be
grateful.  It's important for us to hear from you IN YOUR OWN WORDS.  If
you find it too difficult to respond or are not interested, that's OK.

The questions will be posted at weekly intervals.  You can respond to
some questions and not others, as you wish.  You can respond "on list" or
privately to: Leslie Van Dover at:  [log in to unmask]

People stay on lists for different reasons.

4.      Why do you stay on the Parkinsn List?
> It is interesting, informative, has the laughs and  provides a valueable
service.

5.      What are the three most important things you get from the
        Parkinsn List?
>  1) vauable / informative  web sites.   2) Legislation info.--status of
bills in congress.etc.    3) Some understanding of how fortunate I am now.

6.      What else are you getting out of belonging to the Parkinsn List?
>   Also: knowledge of how varied Parkinsons can be-- I learn of the many
problems &
their solutions.  Its a people helping people list.

Leslie Van Dover
McMaster University School of Nursing

Laughing is a full body exercise
so-- exercise   :-)