I have a layman's theory about this too- I think PD
affects mainly the autonomous controls of movement
and other functions, and that things requiring
conscious attention, like skiing, riding a bike,
playing an instrument, are relatively unaffected.
PWP compensate for the autonomous deficit by paying
closer attention in habitual activity such as
walking. cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road