Regarding Jack Faus's remarks about his concern that he's being set up to
get booted out of his company, there is a LOT of truth in John Morey's
response.  The ADA is going to do very little for someone who has direct
access to the CEO.  I don't think it was even written for situations like
Jack's.  As I recall it the law was written to require wheelchair ramps in
apartment buildings, wide toilet stalls, etc.  The job protection
provisions are must less specific - and like John says, eliminating Jack's
position eliminates the ability of the CEO to discriminate. Jack's fired to
reduce costs.  End of problem for CEO.  And I don't think you can just go
down to the police station and file a complaint - you have to sue, don't
you?  In any case, Jack should really look at this as a great opportunity
to get the hell out of a situation that can only get worse, with his
financial security greatly enhanced.  As soon as he starts making any kind
of veiled or unveiled threats re ADA, lawyers, etc. he'll face workplace
retaliation.  I think the CEO is likely to react as John predicts, though,
if a deal were proposed.

John, would it be feasible for Jack to hire a consultant to help him
negotiate a package?

Bruce A.  51,  2 1/2