> This message is not written to hurt feelings, rather
> it is intended to help us feel better, by focusing on the need for  a
> cure!

Dear Otto,
This is not a criticism either, but a plea for understanding.

I am often accused by unknowing people as being humourless, unfeeling,
unaffected by events, because I don't show a physical reaction such as
smiling, frowning, varying my voice tone, etc.

Now you know, and I know, and so do readers of this list, that in the
majority of cases this is because PD robs me of these common human
reactions.  I have to *force* my reluctant muscles to obey me.

This does have some advantages, believe it or not.
1. I have a reputation as a 'dry' humourist. (Not entirely undeserved; I
work on it.)
2. I have an unfair advantage in poker games; an inbuilt 'poker-face'.
3. I have a reputation as a 'serious thinker'.
4. And lastly, when I *do* smile, It has been described as 'the sun shining
through rain clouds'.

And I trade on these misconceptions. <blush>

So please, let those who feel they must, amuse us. We have enough gloom in
our lives.  There is a place for us all here.

BTW, I don't read *all* the mail. (Sorry folks.)  I set my mail reader to
sort by subject, then *skim* subjects that don't interest me, or concern me
personally.

And you boat people - CLEAN YOUR ACT UP!  <grin>

Yours in adversity,
Jim

 James F. Slattery, J.P., M.A.C.S.
 JandA Computing Consultancy