In regard to why do I stay, I stay because I'm absolutely convinced that
any genuine breakthroughs that might benefit my PWP mother will show up
here first and will be dealt with most thoroughly.

The three most significant things I derive from the list are:  the
constant reminder of the courage you all bring to the frequent and daily
challenge of this condition, the delight of your humor and the funny side
trips you share with us all (I tell several times daily the best possible
name of the ship...U.S.S. Constipation aka Ship of Stools, to those
ignorant of Parkinson's), and the incidental information I pick up from
the sites referred to by Mr. Walker and others.

As a fourth advantage, I find material that I pass on to my teaching
assistant having to do with Altzheimer's as her mother suffers from that
disease.  She gave the exercise directions I got from someone's post to
her father to benefit not just the mom but so he would have something
postitive to concentrate on to do with her.

A fifth, well, the nutritional information is useful to all of us,
caregivers and PWPs alike.

Thank you to you all for your gifts of inspirational poetry and coping
example.

Sincerely,

Judith Guion, mother with Parkinson's 82/5