Jim, I used to have a boss who always seemed to act old and grouchy, but when
you got to know him better, you knew he wasn;t acting, he was old and
grouchy! One day he made a statement at a branch meeting and he seemed to be
starting to smile, and what he had said seemed so preposterous, I started to
laugh out loud, and he grumped "Becker, that is NOT FUNNY, I AM SERIOUS!!!"
Then I had to almost bite my tongue off to stop laughing in his face!  He was
not a PWP, he was just a grouch, and as I am still in the company and he is
not, I am still laughing...........this week!   Years later, we had another
boss who came into town, and gave us a pep talk, he told us if our job was
not enjoyable, and fun, if we did not feel happy with our job, we should
leave and try something else. He was a cheery guy, we liked him......he was
fired later that same day.
I could not make any of this up, I am not that creative! Ken B.