In a message dated 97-06-15 01:05:04 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Deanne Charlton)
writes:

<< This and your mention of your dad's mask prompts me to respond.  I join
 others who say that the mind is likely still there (at least as far as your
 dad may be affected by his PD.  His medications or other conditions could
 truly cause mental deterioration).   >>

Thanks Deanne,
    Unfortunately I only see him for a few days every other month or so, but
I do notice that he is better at times.  My parents are in Maine now at their
summer place until next week.  They go up in the spring and fall, and my Dad
loves it up there.  When I was up a couple of weeks ago I noticed right away
that his mind seemed to have been working better.  He's definately worse at
night, which I'm hearing is not unusual, and he still has his Gibson (like a
martini I guess...strong anyway) every evening before dinner with some chips
or peanuts.  I'm sure the alcohol doesn't help matters, but he does enjoy his
evening drink!

Sue, daughter of Rocky