Hello Everybody,

        My Dad was diagnosed 10 years ago with Parkinsons.   When my mom
first told me I though it would just progress so slowly that it wouldn't
really be so bad.
WOW....was I from another planet or what   !!!!!!    In April of this year
when my Dad came to visit me  I noticed that there were allot of very scary
things happening to him.   My Dad doesn't like to talk about  PD it depresses
him even more, so I decided to try and use the internet to find out if these
were symptoms of Parkinsons.  Well I ended up spending an entire day reading
and down loading massive amounts of informations then it sunk in and I cried
for 2 days straight.   When I could control myself again,  I called my mom and
said I just found out what Parkinsons really is and I have a ton of
information that we need to  read together..   As a result, my mom and I found
the name of a neurologist who specializes in Parkinsons and is located in the
same city as me then we got an appointment on June 18, 1997.   My mom and dad
have to drive 250 miles to get here but it was worth it.  My dad's medications
have been changed  ( for the first time in ten years )  and we have another
appointment in six months.   I guess to most of you this must seem pretty
ridiculous to have had PD for ten years and  just now find a neurologist who
is interested in the disease.   Believe me it can happen when you live in a
small remote town where the doctors know very little about Parkinsons and
where neurologists, support groups  or even another person with Parkinsons  DO
NOT EXIST !!   Thank God for the internet !!!!   I have information at my
fingertips and now I actually  have other people who want to talk about this
disease.   I love my Dad so much and want to help him in whatever way I can.
Looking forward to learning from all of you and giving back what I can.   Just
in case you couldn't tell, this is the first time I have ever written anything
on the internet so I hope I don't make to many goof ups

Thanks

Valerie Parnell ([log in to unmask])