Ivan, my wife used to use a TENS unit for back spasms, in case you are not
familiar with this, it is a device about the size of a Walkman tape player
with wires that attach to the skin with little adhesive contacts, it provides
a mild electrical current, that relaxes the muscles by interfering with the
signals from the brain.  I am sure I have oversimplified the process, but the
best  part, is no medication, and if it does not help, it also cannot hurt!
 Maybe a doctor can give you a loaner unit to try?  I think TENS stands for
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator. Hope it helps. Ken B