dear patricia;

i don't have cataracts as far as i know
and i was glad to hear of your successful operation

however
in re the 'bad news' part:

>It's impossible to walk with both eyes open
>so depending on where I'm stepping, close or looking ahead,
>I close the near-seeing eye or the far-seeing eye..... [etc]

a friend has recently pointed out to me
that an overabundance of dopamine can sometimes result in....
but why don't i quote him directly:

"increased levels of DOPAMINE
especially in the brain's left hemisphere,
may be a factor in SCHIZOPHRENIC DISORDERS.
Schizophrenia  subtypes include
hebephrenic (disorganized) schizophrenia,
characterized by
CHAOTIC LANGUAGE, SILLINESS, and ABSURD IDEAS......"

now,
in my case, pre-pd,
i was the most organized person i knew
but post pd,
i admit to becoming a tad dis-organized on occasion
as well as prone to one or two [but not all] of the above characteristics

dare i venture the opinion that
many of our pd-rellies on this list [present company included]
exhibit these same characteristics with somewhat alarming frequency?

dopaminely yours

janet