From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent:   Sunday, June 22, 1997 11:37 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        upcoming pre-op appts

Next weekend my father and I are flying my mother up from LA to San
Fransisco, to drive her to the Kaiser facility in San Rafael. It will be
the first of 3 pre-op pre pallidotomy appointments. When we went up for the
initial consultation it was quite an ordeal because of needing to stay in a
hotel (that time she hadd to go off her meds all nite) where she got not
sleep (nor did anyone else.)
But I figure we do what we have to do to support her and help her to have
this surgery which she wants to do.
She is very anxious and scared.
I wondered if anyone had any tips about the time period before the
operation(we have til the end of Sept) as far as ways to prepare both
physically/emotionally and both for the patient and the caregivers.

I concentrate on learning as much as i can and figuring ways to stay awake
so i can safely drive us thru the city.
debbie