Dear Walter, the above WAS sarcasm, albeit meant to be gentle and friendly,
as I am sure it was taken by those for whom it was intended.

And the sign :-) is a SMILE, just to show I don't really mean it.  (In
future, I suppose I should use the other symbology, and use <grin>, or
whatever, so as not to be misunderstood.)

> > > Oh yeah?!  Well, you son of a squid!  Get down in the bilge and man
the
> > > pump!

This is not MY post, but an answer, and I don't take offence, as I am sure
none was intended.

> > I suppose it is only fair if I clean op the bilge; I speak enough of
it.

And this is MY posting, to show I am aware of my own deficiencies.

> > > And don't show your face on deck until you have written letters
> > > to your two senators and congressman/woman in support of the Udall
bill!

Another answering post.

> > Just as soon as you tell me who are the senators for Australia.  (We
aren't
> > the 51st State yet!  :-)  )

And a little more GENTLE sarcasm, together with another smiley. :-)

> To Jim and all nay-sayers:

I am most emphatically NOT a nay-sayer.  I think that the passing of the
Udall bill will benefit ALL PD sufferers, not just those in the US.

> Look up the word SARCASM.

I have a dictionary, thanks. Does yours contain the word "facetiousness"?

> Surely Udall and its supporters  don't  deserve to be torn up.

Surely not, but your posting might.

I very much admire the dedication and effort of those who are working so
assiduously for the passing of the Bill. This is NOT sarcasm, but a
heartfelt belief.

However, I do not think that a letter or phone call from a non-constituent
on the other side of the world will sway a resisting senator, as much as I
would like it to.

> Scripture says something about seeing evil in the good that
> someone  does.

And there is a bit about seeing the mote in the eye of your brother, but
missing the beam in your own.

> Is your sarcasm an example of let's bait  those "Ugly
> Americans? "

Only the thin-skinned ones.

> Think global. PD is global. Support Udall, if only by not
> tearing it apart with undeserved  sarcasm.

I DO support it, not only by praying to God for its passing, but also by
beating my own politicians over the head with it at every opportunity, to
try to raise THEIR consciousness of the problem.

And might we let the matter rest there?  I certainly do not want to ruffle
the waters of this oasis of care, concern and friendliness in an otherwise
cruel and uncaring world.

Jim

 James F. Slattery, J.P., M.A.C.S.
 JandA Computing Consultancy