Dear Martha

You wrote before about this memory phenomenon. I have heard some others telling
in essentials the same. One is a man who suffered from life threatening
encephalitis, he was weeks in coma, but after that could tell he had remembered
things from his childhood with very much detail which as far as he could check
were right. The scenes he rembered were threatening a.o. being assaulted by a
dog.
A child psychiatrist told that sometimes psychotic children could remember
visual details from their first months of life.
In books on Neurology the story about the neurosurgeon Pribram is often told.
Pribram did neurosurgery with conscious patients. By being stimulated in a
defined area in the temporal lobe they could describe scenes from their life in
all details that normally can't be remembered. The meds had for Neal possibly a
analogous stimulating effect.

Some parallel with the situation of a Parkinson patient is that we too have no
access to certain programs for motoric skills that seem not to be destroyed but
that we can't reach and use any more.
                            Ida Kamphuis