At 04:33 PM 6/22/97 -0400, Marjorie Moorefield wrote:
>At 03:32 PM 6/22/97 -0400, Ken Becker wrote:
>>         ALSO no one should waste any
>>brown lettuce leaves or stale overly salted cellophane coated crackers, or
>>sawdust coated peanuts wrapped in Hydrogen-Bomb-proof foil..for obvious
>>reasons! Ken B
Now Ken, you left out the best part.  When the meal is served, the
passengers get to guess what animal (or something else) from which the
mystery meat came!  First prize is another free meal, second prize is two
free meals. Grand prize winner gets to use the stomach pump first.  (This
actually happened on a flight I took, and no one got it right!) The
passenger who guessed English Oak sawdust was closest!

But seriously Marjorie, call the airline and order one of the special
dietary  meals.  My suggestion is either the vegetarian (but then you can't
be in the contest) or the kosher meal.  For any flyer, this is a good idea
regardless of whether you do or do not have a dietary restriction.  Also
make sure you tell the cabin attendant that the special meal is for you.
When someone sees that you have the only good meal on the flight, they may
swipe it!  Also let the flight attendant know of any other special
requirements.  They are more than happy to help you. You will be able to
move about the cabin when the seat belt sign is off, which is most of the
time.  Another suggestion is to get an aisle seat; easier to move about and
easier to stretch.

Good flying!
                                                                Peace, John