On Sun, 22 Jun 1997 13:49:13 -0400, Camilla Flintermann
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Kathrynne-- may I suggest that the chart re: amounte os protein in
> various foods be posted to the list, so all of us can make use of it in
> trying to Achieve the "7 to 1" balance that is recommended for PWPs?

Camilla (and anyone else who's interested) -

I recently stumbled onto a great web site that makes the USDA nutrition
database available online.  You can look find the protein and carbs in most
foods, as well as the fat(s), cholesterol, vitamins and even specific amino
acids if you're interested. The address is:

http://www.rahul.net/cgi-bin/fatfree/usda/usda.cgi

and the instructions for using it are very complete.  I've found this, in
combination with a moderately sophisticated spreadsheet to be a really
useful tool.

Hope it helps.

- Doug