Jim - Thank you for your update on the pig-cell transplant.  You are a brave
pioneer and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and  hope you see
continued improvement.!  Sorry to hear that the PET scan is such a pain
though.  I'm curious about it.

Jim Finn wrote:

 The second dreaded PET-scan (see previous reports) has not been performed.
They are having serious problems with the machine. And that's fine with me!
It has been re-scheduled (again) for the middle of August. Although I have
agreed to having it (and I will), that doesn't make it pleasant.

   What actually happens during a PET scan?  I always pictured it as a rather
benign experience like the MRI.
Joan 56/8