          From: Parkinsn List Study Group; McMaster University
          School of Nursing,Hamilton, Ontario, Canada; Sheryl
          Boblin-Cummings Ph.D., RN; Dauna Crooks D.N.S., RN;
          Barbara Patterson; Leslie Van Dover Ph.D., RN; Mary
          Fawcett, M.H.Sc., RN.

               We have been looking at messages from the Parkinsn
          List archives to develop an understanding of how people
          use the list and its value to them. From this, we have
          some ideas about "what is going on on the  List?".  We
          would now like to hear directly from list members about
          your experience with the Parkinsn List.

               We will be posting some questions to the List over
          the next few weeks; your answers will help us to better
          understand your experience and to interpret it to
          others.  You can choose to respond to these questions
          or not.  If you share your expertise and experience
          with us, we will be grateful.  It's important for us to
          hear from you IN YOUR OWN WORDS.  If you find it too
          difficult to respond or are not interested, that's OK.

               The questions will be posted at weekly intervals.
          You can respond to some questions and not others, as
          you wish.  You can respond "on list" or privately to:
          Leslie Van Dover at:  [log in to unmask]

               From reading the archives, we think that one of
          the main things that goes on in the Parkinsn List is
          something we call "connecting".  By connecting, we mean
          sharing a part of our lives with each other, creating a
          sense of togetherness.

               For example, people can "connect" with:
          other people who are having similar experiences;
          ways of dealing with PD in everyday life;
          information about PD and its symptoms and treatment;
          and ways of taking action to improve the situation for
          themselves and others.

          7.   Do you think "connecting" is one of the main
          things that is happening on the Parkinsn List?

          8.   Is connecting happening for you on the Parkinsn
          List?  If it's not "connecting", how would you describe
          what is happening for you?

          9.   If something is going on on the Parkinsn List that
          is MORE IMPORTANT to you,  what is it?

Leslie Van Dover
McMaster University School of Nursing