At        Thinking back to those pre-op appointments. All went well. I had
help--my brother-in-law and later, my sister. I drove, they went into
hospital and got sheel-chair.
        At hotel, the wheel-chair had disappeared in the a.m., so the next
time I took it in the evening. With it, I could, of course, get Gordon to
and fro.
        Try and relax--it will go well. Reassure your Mom from us. Gordon
had no hesitation. "Go for it, Doc!" was his message to Dr. Burchiel. Gordon
found it "absolutely fascinating", yes, his words.
        As to pain, there isn't any. Fitting the frame before there is some
discomfort but they give you lidocaine shots. I really would like your Mom
to practice relaxation techniques. Gord and I studied these at one time and
I bet I used them more--so you and your Dad practice relaxing.
         It will be OK. Regards, Thea and Gordon Seese