Before doing my best to give adequate answers to Questions 7 to 9, I would
like to congratulate you for the professional approach of your study. As the
listowner of Parkliste, the French-speaking list, I keep trying to increase
the number of list members (30 at this point).

I have already used the answers to the first 3 questions, showing clearly how
people subscribe : a vast majority does it when surfing on the Net looking for
PD-related information. Taking that fact into account, I have concentrated my
efforts on bringing Parkliste to a higher visibility.

7 - Yes, I think "connecting" is one of the main things

8 - Yes, "connecting" is happening to me on both lists

9 - On the Parkinson List, I feel something more important than "connecting"
is happening by now ; it is what I would call "mastering growth". The List is
becoming very big : for example, the number of messages (some 50 per day)
exceeds the reading possibilities of many members, let alone the answering
possibilities. For me, "connecting" happens when the group is like a village,
while the List is rather a very large town.

Bernard JOLY