Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I tried the hammered dulcimer as an alternative to the violin, which
     was becomming more and more difficult to play.  Even though I had only
     been diagnosed with PD for a couple of years and had only moderate
     left hand tremor, I found the hammers virtually impossible to control
     with any predictability.  While you might get some satisfaction
     playing by yourself, ensemble playing demands rhythmic control that I
     couldn't attain with the tremor.

     I should mention that I was only taking Eldepryl at the time so this
     may not be a representative experience.

     At any rate, I'd strongly recommend trying  out a dulcimer before you
     buy one.

     Barb Zimmer