<Sun. June 22 Kathrynne Holden MS RD wrote:  Caution: people with abnormal
blood sugar, high <triglycerides, or lung disease should consult their
physician (and a registered <dietitian) before beginning such a diet change.>

Katherine: what does lung disease have to do with it?  Jim has emphysema as
well as heart disease, both stable and controlled with meds.  Triglycerices
lowered with Mevacor.  We are leaning toward many of the dietary changes
you have been suggesting; moving sensibly and gradually, I think (hope).
Still early in disease, so perhaps managing timing is not so critical yet.
Concentraing on good nutrition in general.  This is the first I have seen
this particular connection.  Our internist isn't particularly helpful on
innovative diet suggestions.  Further comments here would be helpful.  Thanks
Emily Jackson