Hello, Diane -

Welcome to the list. I hope it will be as much help to you in caring for your mother as it has been for me in caring for mine!  (Please be patient with us but DO repeat your questions if you get no response within 48 hours.)

A quick reply to your immediate concerns:

        1.  The twitching you report sounds like "dyskinesia" which is often a result of overmedication.
             PD meds are notoriously difficult to dose correctly.  It takes a lot of experimentation, and then
             what works one day might not work the next.  So, let your Mum's neuro know what's happening
             and he/she will help her modify the schedule.

        2.  Depression is very, very common in PWP (people with Parkinson's).  Not surprising with a
             degenerative, incurable disease, is it?  Besides, the low dopamine levels might be a
             contributing factor.  It's sometimes hard to find an antidepressant that works well for ANY
             individual, much less a PWP, so don't be surprised if the Prozac doesn't work and others
             have to be tried.

Also, write to Camilla Flintermann at [log in to unmask] for info on how to join the CARE list for PD caregivers.  You'll find it a big help, too.  And stay in touch!

Warmly,
Mary Rack
cg for mom Louise ( age 75/6yrs since diagnosis)