At 09:57 PM 6/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Regarding piano playing, etc. without symptoms, there is some good research
>on the fact that music takes a separate path in the brain and thus, when one
>yields to it, can bring about activity which is not usually possible when
>cognitively trying.  Any kind of music which "moves" an individual can have
>this effect.  One of my favorite authors is the neurologist, Oliver Sacks.
> In his interesting and entertaining book, A LEG TO STAND ON, he describes
>his own dramatic personal experience with this when he was healing from a
>broken leg which severely damaged nerves.  My own experience confirms this.
> I was particularly ill due to some other medical problems in addition to the
>Parkinsons, totally drained of stamina, and had been so for months.   On the
>radio came some spirited Gilbert & Sullivan.  I'm an in-the-closet dancer (no
>peeking!).  Anyway, on came the music, off the couch came me without
>thinking, and for the first time in months I was energized.  I was so
>grateful I called the NPR station & donated $50!  There truly is serious
>research on this.  Techniques are being used now with stroke victims and
>those with various other challenges.  So crank up your favorite music & let
>yourself go!       [log in to unmask]

dawn i found out long time ago about music. evey body could not understan
how i could not walk could dance. when we hadour 50 annverist party my nero
came to see me dance we had over 300 at the party. every one went crazy when
they mom and i daance. i have belt a round me so when the music stops she
helps me from falling. the place we went kept a table for us next to dance
floor. i thonk it was to help his buss. so pwp  get to danceing.  I.Y.Q don
72/25