Diane,

My neurologist told me that depression is common with PD.  I cried ALL the time
before going on anti-depressent meds.  They do help.  It felt terrible to drive
down the street crying for no apparent reason.  Or, to be walking down the aisle
of a grocery store with tears running down my cheeks.  Once the meds kicked in,
I stopped crying all the time.  It also has allowed me to think reallistically
about my situation and be more objective.  This condition can be overwhelming
when one thinks of the worst cases, and thinking that is what will happen to me.
Just be as kind as you can and the meds will probably help.

My son, when he feels I am down, does silly things or tells me jokes to get me
laughing.  Yesterday he said my "word search engine needs an overhaul" as I was
having trouble remembering the correct word to say.

Good luck, Diane.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling
[log in to unmask]  (work)  or   [log in to unmask]