Several people have inquired about the exercise program my mother is in so
I will describe it as much as I can here. It is, by the way, closed (that
is, they are currently not accepting any other participants).

It is an 8-week program designed to measure gait/balance problems and to
treat them with individualized weight-bearing exercises (using machines).
The exercise session last for 3/4 hour 2x/week.

At the start of the program. the PWP undergoes, in an unmedicated state, a
biochemical evaluation accomplished by computer analysis of her walking,
balance, and posture. According to my mother, you get hooked up and then do
a number of things: walk, sit, stand, bend, etc. The results are then
gathered and a weight-bearing program is designed for your specific
symptoms and their severity. After 8 weeks, my mother will get hooked up
again and reevaluated to determine whether the program did any good. She
will, of course, during the 8 weeks refrain from introducing any other form
of exercise in order to restrict any changes in activity to those exercises
the institute has designed for her.

This is taking place at the Academic Health Care Center, NY College of
Osteopathic Medicine of the New York Institute of Technology. The phone is
516-626-6900. The Biochemical Program Coordinator is Andrew Bosak at
516-626-6944, x6907.

I will let you know about the results in 2 months.

Debbie White