Well my previous posting was quickly sent back to me.  Now I will try again!

My name is Jackie and my father was diagnosed with pd about six years ago.
He was a pilot in the armed forces, and now resides in the vet unit at the
local nursing home.  He has made friends and the staff is wonderful.  The
main problem seems to be my mother.  It is almost as if she is blaming Dad
for getting ill and will go to great lengths to let him know she is angry
with him.  Bless his heart, he doesn't have a choice.  He cannot walk but
has a great electric chair that allows him a bit more freedom.  He is very
quiet and does not complain.  Acceptance has been difficult but he makes the
best of it. On the other hand my mother refuses to accept and pulls childish
pranks (taking the phone off the hook or not going up to see him etc).  We
have tried to tell her that this is dangerous as she lives alone but to no
avail.  I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem.  My
mother took care of Dad up until last summer when my brother and sisters had
to step in and insist that 1. she get help in the home or 2. he goes into
the nursing home.  Well nobody was going to come into her home!  So Dad was
placed in the great facility that he is now.  If we had not done this I am
sure my mother would have died.

The information in this group is really helpful.  Thanks for listening, Jackie