Joan -

I'm unclear on what it was about the PET scan that Joe found so unpleasant.
 My husband participated in a research study that required two days of PET
scans.  The first one was 6 hours, and the second was about 4 hours.  Except
for needing urgently to go to the bathroom after about 5 hours, he didn't
report any discomfort.

I also had about a 2-hour PET scan as a "control subject," and took a nap
during it.  Your head is pretty much immobilized - that is, if the PET scan
is of the brain - but I wasn't at all uncomfortable.  They had to draw some
arterial blood, and there was a slight stick, but they were very careful and
gentle, and quite concerned about my comfort.  This was at North Shore
University Medical Center on Long Island.

Just wanted to mention this so people needing a PET scan won't be frightened
off.

Margie Swindler      cg for Dick, 52/15      [log in to unmask]