<<

Diane,

I had the same experience as your mother with the "jumpiness" as a result of
too much Sinemet.  It was alleviated for me when my neuro prescribed
pergolide (a dopamine agonist, I believe, one of a number -- I don't know
what it's called in England) which "stretched" the effect of the Sinemet so I
needed MUCH less.  It took a long ramping up period before I could tolerate
enough pergolide to optimize the effect, but it literally changed my life!
 When your mother sees her doctor, perhaps you could look into that.

Re: depression, I found that an antidepressant (I take Zoloft) has been
hugely helpful.  Depression is a common symptom of PD -- if you think about
it, both have to do with  screwed-up neurotransmitters, after all -- and
while of course I still get depressed at times, it's not that crippling,
crying-all-the-time kind.  The period of time when I was taking so much
Sinemet and had all the dyskinesias (all that "jumpiness") was my lowest
point, emotionally, by the way.

Good luck and keep exploring all the possibilites!!

Norma Messer
46/2+