I was interested in Ken's report of his father's response to hearing a
tape of music that he had played much earlier.  I have been spending some
time this summer copying reel to reel tapes onto cassettes (our reel to
reel player broke ages ago, and I don't intend to have it fixed, and we
haven't listened to these tapes since it broke).

I found tapes that Michel had recorded thirty years ago, when his voice
was clear and strong (now no one can understand anything he says).  He
was delighted to listen to them (he does not realize the extent of his
disability).  I cried.

Teresa Marcy