Sue,

It often keeps me from sleeping too.  I have found that if I did a lot of
walking during the day, my legs cramp at night.  Sometimes my son massages my
calves which helps greatly.  If he is not available I take klonopin for the
cramps.
However, I want to try the hot water bottle suggestion.

Leg cramps or 'jumpiness' can be caused by many things.  Restless Leg Syndrom
(RLS) is actually hereditary (according to my neuro), lack of potassium, poor
circulation, phlebitis, over medicated with sinemet, among others.  You should
be checked.  I had phlebitis when I lived in Florida and was always worried
about blood clots.  Now I have RLS both from my father and the PD.

I find it hard to know when I have done too much until it is done.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling
[log in to unmask]  (work)  or   [log in to unmask]