At 01:06 PM 6/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Well my previous posting was quickly sent back to me.  Now I will try again!
>
>My name is Jackie and my father was diagnosed with pd about six years ago.

Dear Jackie, I am a young person with parkinson's and your letter touched a
string in my heart. The role of the carer is not an easy one.  Parkinson's
disease robs the carer of the partner they had and yet leaves a dependent in
it's place.  I often think it would be easier/less painful to have a quick
disease. All the dreams and plan of a life-time are changed when one partner
becomes ill. Yet it must seem as if all the sympathy goes to the person with
the illness, when in reality BOTH suffer!  So please give your mother a
little sympathy love and understanding for her loss.. The fact that she is
angry is not suprising.  I am angry at times also and I'm sure my partner is
to. Kind regards Mary form Aussie.  [log in to unmask]