Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about repeated urinary
infections.  I appreciate the tips.

My grandmother has been drinking cranberry juice for the last 2 1/2 years
to no avail - the UTI's continue.  Her infections have been diagnosed
through cultures.  Unfortunately, I had a difficult time convincing the
urologist that she needed to be rechecked after completing the antibiotic
treatment.  He seemed to feel that the infection would be cleared up
after treatment and most of the time this was not so.  After completing
the antibiotic the nurse would call my grandmother and ask her how she
was doing and my grandmother would tell her she was about the same(as her
chief complaint was urinary frequency), at which point the doctor began
calling her in anti-spasmodics which caused hallucinations.  And, she
would still have the infection.  At one point, the urologist had her on a
preventative antibiotic, but she went straight from the antibiotic
treatment to the preventative, without a culture in between - and she
still had the infection.

I will try the cranberry tablets or canned cranberries and see if that
will help.  I have been buying the commercial cranberry juice, so maybe
that's the problem.

Lori Bauer