Yes, thank you.
At 10:46 PM 6/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Sharon:  Questions 1 - 6 were posted during the last two weeks.  I will
>include them with this message.  I would also like to take this
>opportunity to thank all those who participated in this study and to
>encourage others to do so.  Barb
>

>1.  How did you first learn about the Parkinsn List?
WWW, about four years ago.

>2.  When did you first join the Parkinsn List?
About four years ago.

>3.  What reason (s) did you have for joining the Parkinsn List?
a) I am Norwegian/American.  One of my cousins in Norway was diagnosed PD
ten years ago. b) I became computer active about four years ago. c) I wanted
information for him and myself - to understand PD.  My cousin had once shown
me people examples in Norway with PD at different stages - stages he would
eventually see.  d)  I signed off after a short time on the list because my
cousin and his wife were more up to date with information than the people on
the list.

>People stay on lists for different reasons.
>
>4.      Why do you stay on the Parkinsn List?
a) I've rejoined the PDL because my cousin and his wife were unaware of a
documentary I'd recently seen on American TV concerning a French operation
for PD with a high rate of sucess.  b)  My cousin, as I learned when I
recently visited Norway, had just been to a Parkinson's informational
meeting -Oslo? - and nothing new was mentioned!?  c) Another cousin working
within Norway's health care system knew nothing about any research on PD.
d) I stay on this list for information.

>5.      What are the three most important things you get from the
>        Parkinsn List?
a,b,c) Information.  Information.  Information.

>6.      What else are you getting out of belonging to the Parkinsn List?
A surprising sense the people on this list are international, yet we share
the same human emotions of caring, empathy, a cheering on - to go forward!,
sharing, and yes, love.  That PDL recognizes no country 'borders',
recognizes no political agenda other than the world scope of PDL information.
Thank you for this list.  Sharon Blomlie O'Hara ([log in to unmask])