=09
Hello Everyone:

I'm new here so if I do this wrong someone please let me know.

My name is Susan A., from Dallas Tx area.  I'm new to the area, just =
been here 6 mos.
But I'm not new to the treatment of PD.  I was diagnosed with PD when I =
was 25, had symptoms for a year before that.
I am now 39, so going on 15 years with this.  In those number of years =
there has a lot of ups and downs, thanks to a great
doctor who really knows the field of PD (Dr. Langston), I am still able =
to live a fairly normal life.

In the years since I was diagnosed I have had 2 girls ages 8 and 11yrs., =
seen my Dad suffer  from poor treatment for PD.,
I had brain surgery about 8 years ago on the Thalamus (spelling?), which =
did wonders .
Right now I am currently taking Carbidopa/levodopa 25/100, permax, =
eldepryl.  I do have periods of up and down with the meds,
but overall doing good.  I have recently started exercising on a regular =
basis (every morning), this has made a big difference in the way I feel. =
 As I mainly have just the tremor, which I have learned to adjust to the =
meds. decide they want to take the day off.
My muscles can get rigid if I do not exercise, so I can make a =
difference here. =20

I try to keep very active, and keep a positive outlook on all of this.  =
I really your attitude can make you or break you when dealing with=20
PD.  And of course the sense of humor has got to be there.  I think the =
funniest thing I have heard is one day I over heard=20
one of my girls explaining why Mommies hand shakes, they said they =
really didn't understand it totally, but they did=20
know that there Mom could make one heck of a milkshake. =20

Some days I do feel alone with my age and PD, would very much like to =
know that there are some one else  about the same age as I trying trying =
to deal with this and raise small kids.

Sorry if I rambled, hope no one got bored.  Thanks for listening.

Susan A. Dallas Tx/ 39