Ken, I'd like to offer my explanation of how nerve cells work but
it's hopelessly beyond my depth. Electricity is a factor, as
Galvani found by playing with frog legs, but I think the reaction
is mostly chemical, as in a battery where electrons drift across
the gap between electrodes. As a kid I did fool around with radios
a lot, but my education ended sometime before invention of the
transistor. Medical techniques such as deep-brain stimulation,
microelectrode recording, electronvulsive shock, and magnetic
stimulation all attest to the importance of electricity in
neurology, but I think that's about as far as you can take the
analogy of electronic circuitry. Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks CA 91403