Athel, thanks for telling us your story. I am sure the researchers would
love you both!
What an understanding you would have of each other, although, your symptoms
are different. You are right to continue as long as you can in your own
home.  Do you have children/family who help you on ocassion?
I was interested that you say that:
>My main sympton up to this point is
>tremors of the legs and some difficulty in speaking and swallowing.

MY husband also has tremors of the legs and difficulty in speaking (but not
swallowing) and I have never met anyone with this particular cluster of
symptoms. His balance is getting worse, but he walks very well and has no
problems with on/off freezing, etc. He is on Deprenyl, Madopar (like
Sinemet) and Permax.
If you would like to talk to us "off list" we would be happy to correspond.

Best wishes
Joy Graham (CG Bob, 57, 8 yrs)
Perth, Australia