Athel and  Joy,
      I am 57 and have had PD for 13 years. When I was first diagnosed I was
a single parent with a 13 year old daughter and a 15 year old son. So my time
was well taken care of. I did attend various support groups. Five years ago
at a support group holiday auction, I met Arlene who was diagnosed with PD at
the same time as I. Well the rest is history. This past June 16th. we
celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. Who would have guessed!  Being both
patients and care givers has added an extra dimension to married life.  Who
is "off" or  who is"on"  and the what not. We laugh alot at our situation and
worry often, but love always. We have wonderful children and have created a
whole new family.
       For  all those who read this letter, never give up, and try to smile :-
) allthough
it is hard sometimes.

        Love   Stephen Koepfer ([log in to unmask])
                  Arlene Teichberg ([log in to unmask])