Billy,

1.  How do you determine what is impossible if you don't try?  I am sure
that virtually all of the medical solutions of this century would have been
classified as impossible in the previous century.

2.  It is very easy (and misleading) to play the numbers game by quoting
monetary sums in millions which, to individuals, seem like huge amounts of
money.  In terms of the wealth and taxation revenue of Canada however, $60
million is not a huge sum.  I calculate it as less than one cent per week
per head of population over a 5 year period.  I don't think that is too high
a price to pay for even a REMOTE chance of a cure for cancer.

Ernie

At 10:21 28/06/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Like, just because we campaign against your bill to spend money
>on Parkinsons research does not mean we are not your friends, eh?
> We just spent $60 million here in Canada to try to do the
>impossible, develop a vacine for Cancer.  Talk about wasting
>money, eh?

Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>