My final 02 cents.

        I agree with Barb  (<blushing>, think you for the kind words), Charlie and
Kathie.  Each suggests caution.  The reason I decided to speak was because
I was feeling that there was preponderance of advice against trying
anything new.  'Course, maybe I was listening to my own thinking more than
the words in the messages  :-}).

        Becky, years ago, had a neurologist who told her to "never give up and
always be willing to try anything."  I firmly believe that we all, and
especially those living with this disease, need to question and research
issues before leaping into action.  Kathie's council suggests a way to do
this if one's regular medical professional is reticent to accept an
alternative to his/her preferred drugs.

        The bottom line is that I'm suggesting that an open-minded caution be
adopted.  'Course, one should take care that one's mind isn't so open that
it's too porous to hold any convictions.  :-})  Along with this
open-mindedness and caution, is an attendant responsibility for one's own
actions.  This responsibility needs be recognized and accepted.  Now, if we
could instill this self same awareness about responsibility in the hearts
and minds of many of our progeny......

        Thus endth my final 02 cents.

Take care (sometimes the helplessness felt approaches over whelming  :-}(   ),
Jeff, Saturday partner for Becky, Seattle