gilman wrote:

> currently I take one 10/100 kick starter in the AM
> followed by one 25/100 CR, one eldepryl and 1 mg permax and one artane
> an
> hour and half later;
> four hours later I repeat one  25/100 CR, one eldepryl, and 1 mg
> permax;
> 3 -4 hours later I repeat all (except the eldepryl).
> My problem is I have (over the last 3 weeks) had a sudden increase in
> off
> time. I can't get out of a chair, have extreme bradykinesia, extreme
> stiffness and tremor. I don't have any dyskinesia. I have been on this
> regimen for approx. 4 years.
> I will be calling my neuro this week, I just would appreciate any
> thoughts
> you fellow PDers may have.
> I am also giving SERIOUS thought to a pallidotomy, if my insurance
> will
> cover some of it.
> Thank you for your advice.
> Bob  46/5 (had symptoms long before diagnosis)
Bob,

Sorry about your increased symptoms. Definitely talk to your
neurologist.  Probably you are under medicated at the present time.
Your doses of meds are not that high and you are lucky that you don't
have dyskinesia.  I would think that you would get relief with an
increase of meds and pallidotomy can be avoided for a long time-
hopefully until something better comes along.

Good luck.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.