Hi, pals,
   I am still Ruth and I still have P.D.  I wrote and told my story many monyhs ago.  I was so pleased with so many encouraging replys. I  was too busy to answer but now my life has really slowed down.
    Our daugther celebrated her Bat Mitvah In May.  For six months I was involved in planning three dineners and a dance. We had a hotel full of out-of-town guests.  The first dinner was at 5 Friday night.  I had run around all day.  I walked into the banquet hall.  The room was full of all our famiy from everywhere.  I froze.  I couldn't eat or talk or  walk.
    We went to the Synagogue.  My husband had to walk me to our first row seats backwards.  I never have appeared in public in this condition before. I never came out of it that night.  I did not even see the elobrate desserts that I planned for that occasion.  A dear friend drove me home.  I don't think I was missed. Everything seemed as I had planned.  I forgot to plan for my Parkinson's.
    The next morning as usual I felt perfect.  I dressed quickly  and went to the hotel.  I spent two hours visiting with our quests.  They were amazed. I walked. I talked.  I even smiled.  We went to the Synagogue for 10. I was getting stiff.  We warned the Rabbi that I might not be able to join my husband on the pulpit when our daughter was blessed.  I had no problem.  Miracles are always part of my life.
   This was a memory in motion.  I have never felt so proud. We have a daughter that is so special and this was her time to start reaching for her future.  Parkinson's doesn't  make a difference in these important times.  Who cares. My daughtger is thirteen. She matters.
   The luncheon that followed  was a success. That night the adults had a dinner in a quiet room, the Kids had a dance, I planned to have fun and I did.  The Hora is a dance  that is done at Jewosh celebrations.  I believe they showed this on Fiddler.  Four men pick up a chair with a member of the family sitting on the chair.  Everyone dances around.  I did that and it was another magic moment.
    The next week all our guests were gone.  Our daughtrer was back at school looking forward to camp.  My husband was worried about the bills.  I had nothing to do and I felt terrible.
  Now, my daughter is at camp; everyone is involved
with their lives. I am not feeling so well.  I realize that this occasion is normal to Jewish families but to me it was a miracle and I love miracles.
    LIfe to me must be full of miracles.  Do you believe in miracles?

Ruth