Mary Ulmer wrote:

> Lori, perhaps the reason for your grandmother's doc. not getting a
>culture in between the antibiotic and new meds is because he can't get a
>culture after the antibiotics are on board.  Seems like the cultures
>should have shown what her particular bug was sensitive to or resistant
>to.  Also could her frequentcy be caused by something other than an
>infection?
> Mary CG for Mel 76/11

Mary,

That's what I understood the cultures were for also - so they would know
if she still had an infection and which antibiotic would be best to treat
it.  The problem was that all these infections went on for quite a while
before I could convince the urologist that she was not actually getting
rid of the them.  I was told they could not re-check until four days
after treatment. Unfortunately, the day before she was to go for a
re-check she fell and ended up in the nursing home.

And the problem continues.  She was taken to the ER 2 weeks ago and still
has a UTI.  But now because of her being in the nursing home I have to
start all over again trying to convince a new batch of people that she
needs to be re-checked after completing treatment.

As far as her frequency being from another cause, that's what I'm trying
to discover.  I had read in the "Algorithm" that urinary frequency and
nocturia were symptoms of Parkinson's.  On the other hand, we had noticed
that she really didn't have too much problem with frequency (during the
day) when she didn't have a UTI.

Lori