I've been trying to get time to write something about Rob's question
about lecturing, especially since the whole thing seems to have been
occasioned by my presentation at Inkshed, but haven't managed it yet.
I did, however, notice this, posted to the POD list ("Professional
and Organizational Development," I think -- anyway, it's a teaching
development list).  I've been to a number of conferences -- for
instance, the STLHE conference -- where there have been pretty
convincing demonstrations of ways of adding something to, or
substituting something for, a straight 50 minutes of full frontal
teaching model.  If you want to, of course . . .

                                        -- Russ

Please note the correct contact information for ordering or
previewing the video, Making Large Classes Interactive:

Lou Olenick
UC Raymond Walters College
Media Services Center
9555 Plainfield Rd.,  216 Muntz Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45236

phone 513 745-5717
fax      513 745-8305

The cost the video program is $95 plus $5 shipping and handling
charge, prepaid.

This faculty development video program has been reviewed by
Maryellen Weimer in the Teaching Professor, February 1996.  The video
has received a national Communicator Award of Distinction in the
Higher Education Category (1995), and a Certificate for Creative
Excellence for Teacher Education from the U.S. International Film &
Video Festival (1996).

Lou Olenick
Media Acquisitions Coordinator
RWC Media Services Center
513 745-5717
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~