I'm a bit behind in reading this interesting cluster, but Russ and Marcy
have both mentioned something like journaling within a computer network.
I'd be interested in learning the mechanics of how you do this.  Others
can chip in as well, since others I'm sure do this.

Would you have time, Marcy, to share the MECHANICS of the process, including
the  kind of computer network setup, the class "assignment" about what is
discussed in the open electronic journal, any student reactions, and so on.

Russ, you mentioned that a good student refused to see this as a valuable
exercise, so she dropped your class.  Any further comments on that--apart
from the fact that she didn't see this as a suitable way of impressing the
prof?  And Russ, is your network the same as Marcy's?

For either of you, or for both:  does participation in the networked
journaling lead to grades in some form?

Thanks for any input--from anyone.

Henry

Henry A. Hubert, Chair                          | [log in to unmask]
Department of English and Modern Languages      .
University College of the Cariboo               | Ph.  250-828-5236
P.O. Box 3010                                   . FAX  250-371-5697
Kamloops, B. C.                                 |
V2C 5N3                                         .