Since more then 20 years I'm interested in the integration of hypnosis in
my practical, daily life. During this time I learned that most people feel
uncomfortable about the word hypnosis. Too often it is associated with
carnival attractions. Nevertheless several experiments showed me, when used
in the right way, it can be an extremely and powerful instrument to guide
our body and mind.

For those who want to know more about this fascinating subject, I recommend
the books, "The complete guide to hypnosis", "Better health through
self-hypnosis" and "Self hypnotism: the technique and its use in daily
living". The author is Leslie M.Lecron, the editor Nash Publishing, Los
Angeles. They are very understandable and give you a larger view on the
possibilities of self hypnosis.

Actually, what is hypnosis? Hypnosis is a TEMPORARY situation during which
our mind is brought to a level of decreased consciousness. At these moments
our brain is  very sensitive for suggestions. No less, no more. It is not
an occult or dangerous instrument. The hypnotized one certainly isn't
handed over to the
hypnotist, whatever they might say.

About a 1.5 year ago I wrote in a message to the list, hypnosis could
bring, just maybe, some relief for people suffering from sleeplessness.
Now, many months later, I know this (almost) for sure. But to be completely
sure of the benefits, I'd like to do some additional tests, with a larger
number of persons. So what I suggest is that those among us, struggling
with insomnia, who tried out the "conventional" things without success,
send me a small E-mail with their name, age, age of diagnosis, current meds
and home address. I'll select 15 candidates and send them by the end of
August by Air-mail an audiotape, an introduction sheet and a questionnaire.
All I ask is that the selected will do the test for at least 3 months and
they'll fill in the survey. Of course this information will be handled
privately.

For a long time I've used self hypnosis to fall asleep when I feel nervous,
or if it's too warm, or if I'm worried, or when I wake up during the night,
etc. The concentration exercise I do takes only 10 minutes, and works most
of the time (90%) immediately. Because it isn't easy to learn self hypnosis
on your own, I made an audiotape that, when used at the moment you want to
sleep, has - after a while - the same results. Because you don't want to
disturb the sleep of your partner, it's strongly recommended to use a
headphone :)

As a member of this support group, I consider it as my duty to share these
helpful "experiences" with you.

Piet Van der Poorten (43/2)
Belgium