I too miss my handwriting, but have a few suggestions on how to overcome
  difficulty in writing your signature:

1. Change your name to something shorter, like I.M. Pei or E.A. Poe.

2 .Use only a single name, like Cher or Tonto or Prince (avoid the impulse to
be known as "the artist formerly known as Prince", however because that could
REALLY slow you down at the check-out stand.

3. Many famous people have unreadable signatures.  Tell people you're
Margaret Thatcher or Elvis.

4. Spread a rumor on the Internet that unreadable handwriting is a sign of
genius.  Then when people comment on your bad handwriting, just smile
modestly and say "thank you."

Mary Sheehan